Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 28. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Return of the sun: Yesterday's cloudy conditions should evaporate today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 28. It will be windy, however, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 25. In case you missed it: The NWS is predicting that .
- Public meetings: Burlington's in the main hearing room at . The Burlington in the committee meeting room at . Included on the School Committee agenda is a look at the draft FY13 budget and a discussion on the School Choice program.
- Stargazing lesson: Do you enjoy looking up at the night sky? Interested in learning a bit about what you are seeing? is hosting a at 7 p.m. today at the store that will teach you how to recognize the stars, planets, satellites and meteors visible from your own backyard. The class is free but space is limited so call 781-505-1460 to reserve a spot.
- Business networking: The is hosting a business networking event, "," from 1 to 3 p.m. today. The event is free and open to all, so grab some business cards and stop by to meet new people.
- Goodbye, Farewell and Amen: On this day in 1983, the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital 4077 broke camp for the final time. The final episode of MASH was the most-watched television program (77 percent of the viewing audience) at the time, beating out Dallas’ “Who Shot JR?” episode. In the final episode, the surgeons and nurses of the 4077 must break camp as the Korean War cease fire has been called. Many of the characters leave, headed toward home, including Col. Potter, who leaves camp on a horse. In a poignant moment, jokester surgeons Hawkeye Pierce and B.J. Hunnicut salute their commander. The two main characters are the last to leave the 4077.