Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Thursday, Feb. 2. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny and still warmer than normal: Looks like another nice day today, if not quite as warm as yesterday. According to the National Weather Service we can expect partly sunny skies with a high near 41 degrees. A slight chance of snow showers tonight before 10 p.m. with an overnight low around 21.
- Public meeting: Burlington's in the Housing Authority offices, 15 Birchcrest St.
- Bridge: The is hosting two bridge playing events today. The is COA Bridge Players, a group aimed at seniors, which will meet at 10 a.m. The is the Thursday Night Bridge group, which meets at 6:30 p.m. Both sessions are open to the public, so come down, play some bridge and meet new people.
- Claim your listing: Do you own or manage a business in town? Burlington Patch has a robust directory page with just about every business in Burlington and we'd like to invite you to claim your listing. This gives you the chance to change the details, make updates and add new photos. .
- It’s Groundhog Day!: On this day in 1887, the very first little rodent meteorology report at Gobbler’s Knob in Punxsutawney, PA. Phil, a groundhog, is said to be able to tell you the future weather based on his shadow. If he sees his shadow, six more weeks of winter. No shadow? An early spring. But with the way weather has been lately, we’re thinking it won’t matter either way!