"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, Feb. 15. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Return of the cold: We hate to say it, but that relatively warm temperature we had yesterday is not expected to stick around today. According to the National Weather Service, today is going to be sunny but with a high of only 20 degrees. To make matters worse, the wind chill factor is going to make if feel like -6. The rest of the week looks better, though!
- TAG: The is meeting at the at 8 p.m. tonight. The primary focuses of the group is to make suggestions for addition to the Burlington's Young Adult collection, brainstorm ideas for programs, help make the Young Adults section more inviting, and to assist the library in managing the library's online teen spaces and with the Teen Summer Reading Program. Great way for teenagers to get involved in the community. Open to all and walk-ins are welcome.
- Lose weight with support: The group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the . New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Town election papers: Tomorrow is the deadline to take out papers for Town Election. For the complete information, visit the clerk's office at the or click here for a complete schedule of election proceedings.
- O Canada: With a nod to my extended family in Nova Scotia, we tip our hats to Canada today as the country celebrates National Flag of Canada Day. On this day in 1965, our friendly neighbors to the north, adopted the new Canadian flag that we all recognize today. The red 11-pointed maple leaf signifies the environment and nature found in Canada.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.