"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Friday, Feb. 11. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy and cold: We're almost getting tired of saying this, but it's going to be cold again today. According to the National Weather Service today is going to be cloudy with temperatures in the mid-20s. Not too bad, but with the wind chill it is going to feel like it's -2 out there.
- Kindergarten registration: Today is the final day for kindergarten registration for . Kindergarten is being held in the main offices of all of the town's elementary schools from 9 to 11 a.m today. A child entering kindergarten must have attained the age of five by August 31, 2011. Click for more information.
- Movie night: The Burlington High School Music Boosters Association and the BHS Select Singers are holding t from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight in the school auditorium. They will be showing Toy Story 3. Funds go towards the upcoming trip to perform at Carnegie Hall. Price at the door is $12 per child $24 for a family.
- Coffee house concert: The group "Miss Ellaneuos," three women who love to harmonize, will be performing from 7 to 9 p.m. at . The event is free.
- Money can't buy you love, but it can make you friends: On this day in 2002, the six stars of NBC's Friends signed a deal that gave them $24 million each for the final season of the show. More recently, cast member Jennifer Aniston was quoted as saying that she never liked the now-iconic haircut, "The Rachel," but for $24 million, we're thinking she let it grow on her.
For more things to do today, check out our Events page.