Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 29. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny, not as warm: Looks like a nice and comfortable day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 75 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 52.
- Public meetings: The Land Use Committee is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall basement meeting room. The Planning Board is meeting at 7:30 p.m., following an executive session at 7 p.m., in the main hearing room on the second floor of .
- Free dance lesson: is holding a for potential students at 6:15 p.m. this evening. Call or email the studio to reserve your spot at (978) 618-5928 and Info@MissLouisesDance.com.
- Claim your listing: Do you own or manage a business in town? Burlington Patch has a robust directory page with just about every business in Burlington and we'd like to invite you to claim your listing. This gives you the chance to change the details, make updates and add new photos. .
- Women's movement progresses: On this day in 1914, the Women's Defense Relief Corps was created in Britain. There were already some women's rights organizations in the country, but the WDRC was set up to aid the country during World War I. While some women stayed home and helped fill in for men in factories, others went as far as to serve on the front lines in France and Belgium.