Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Aug. 15. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of t-storms: Looks like a gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we have a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9 a.m. Otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 83 degrees. Showers likely tonight with a low around 66.
- Public meeting: The School Committee sub-committee on the allergy policy is meeting at 5:30 p.m. today in the meeting room at .
- Lego Club: The is hosting a for children in grades 1 to 6 at 3:30 this afternoon. They supply the Legos, you bring your imagination.
- Voter registration: Reminder: This Friday is the .
- Sit back and relax: Another in our occasional series of interesting and unique "holidays" today rather than a history fact. Today is National Relaxation Day, which according to Holiday Insights, is a day to sit back and do NOTHING. Well, no work at least. The site suggests people could do relaxing things such as fishing, going to the movies, hitting the spa or lounging on the beach. So, if you had your way and could spend the day relaxing, what would you do? Let us know in the comments section below.