Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, April 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny, slightly warmer: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 56 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 35.
- Public meetings: The Capital Budget Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. The Ways & Means subcommittee for the school budget is meeting at 7 p.m. in the meeting room at . The Board of Appeals is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- Blood drive: Give the gift of life by donating at the today. The drive will be at the from 1:30 to 7 p.m.
- Lose weight with support: The group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the . New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- I've been to the mountaintop: On this day in 1968 Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his moving "I've Been to the Mountaintop" speech at the Mason Temple in Memphis, Tennessee. In the speech King highlights the difficulty facing people across the world and calls for unity, economic actions, and non-violent protest that challenged the United States to live up to its ideals. This would be King's last speech as he was assassinated the following day at the Lorraine Motel.