Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, April 17. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Sunny, not quite as hot: Looks like a nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 78 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 41.
- Public meeting: The Burlington Board of Appeals is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at .
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- School vacation reads: The Burlington Library is also encouraging students home for April vacation this week to take a trip with a good book. Come down between noon and 1 p.m. today for some free pizza and "book" your vacation.
- An American classic: On this day in 1964, Henry Ford II unveiled the Ford Mustang at the World's Fair in Flushing Meadows, New York. On the same day, the car was put on sale at Ford dealerships and nearly 22,000 were sold immediately. More than 400,000 Mustangs were sold in the first year of production. The car was named after a World War II fighter plane and is still in production today with over 9 million sold.