Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
Today is Tuesday, April 10. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Chance of afternoon showers: Looks like we might get a big of afternoon rain today. According to the National Weather Service there is a chance of showers after 1 p.m. Otherwise, partly sunny with a high near 60. Chance of showers tonight with a low around 39.
- Public meetings: The Capital Budget Committee is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the basement meeting room. The Burlington School Committee is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the meeting room at .
- New career help: The is hosting a program from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. today. This is a networking and workshop dedicated to providing a 'roadmap to re-employment' for transitioning professionals. It is free and all are welcome.
- Lose weight with support: The group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is holding a weekly Tuesday meeting today. The group will meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the . New members are always welcome to join this supportive and friendly group.
- Don't know why you say goodbye: On this day in 1970, Beatles frontman Paul McCartney announced that the Fab Four had broken up. Although the group had been in the midst of breaking apart for a few years, McCartney made the unofficial announcement during a press conference highlighting his new solo album. By year’s end, McCartney had dissolved the business partnership with the Beatles, formally ending the band.