Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 3. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Isolated showers, cloudy: Looks like another gray day today, but not quite as much rain as yesterday. According to the National Weather Service we can expect isolated showers today. Otherwise cloudy with a high near 73 degrees. Scattered showers after midnight tonight and an overnight low around 59.
- Wine tasting: Join Busa Wine & Spirits at the Blue Stove Restaurant at Nordstrom in the Burlington Mall from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. this evening for tasting and information on the wines of Rioja. This will be an informative evening of wine and food pairings in an informal atmosphere. Learn more here.
- Music lessons: Interested in learning how to play an instrument? Burlington's Real School of Music is currently offering free trial lessons for students interesting in learning about their fall session that runs until Dec. 31. Call today to schedule yours at 888.881.REAL (7325).
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library has two storytimes planned for today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e: On this day in 1955 ABC and Disney Studios first aired The Mickey Mouse Club. The show initialy ran from 1955 to 1959 on ABC and was reformatted in 1977 before ending up on the Disney Channel from 1989 to 1995. Some major names were once Mouseketeers, including Brittany Spears, Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and Ryan Gosling.