Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Oct. 10. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cloudy: Looks like a gray day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly cloudy skies with a high near 63. Slight chance of showers after 3 p.m. A chance of showers tonight as well with a low around 43.
- Public meetings: The Council on Aging is meeting at 10 a.m. at the Human Services Building. The Grand View Farm Advisory Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the basement meeting room at the Town Hall Annex.
- Retirement help: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a discussion on retirement planning from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The program will focus on the non-financial aspects of retirement preparation and relevant issues for anyone newly retired or considering retirement.
- Garden club: The Burlington Garden Club is meeting at 6:30 p.m. this evening at the Burlington Public Library.
- Square dancing: St. Malachy Church is hosting Single Squares beginner classes for those interested in square dancing. No need for a partner, just show up and meet new people and have fun. Cost is $7. Click here for more information.