Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Sept. 28. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Rain and cooler: Doesn't look like a great day today. According to the National Weather Service we have a 90 percent chance of rain, mainly after 11 a.m. High today near 59 degrees. Rain likely tonight as well with a low around 50.
- Baby books: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Baby Storytime for newborns to children 18 months old at 11 a.m. this morning. Delight and stimulate your baby’s senses with books, songs and puppets that help build brain power.
- Missing dog: As reported on Patch, a local family is looking for their female weimaraner Snappy, who has been spotted in the Burlington area. Click here for more information.
- Kid's movie night: The Burlington Church of Christ is holding a Kids Movie Night at 6 p.m. this evening. showing a brand new Veggie Tales movie, actually a special preview showing of a movie that is not yet available to the public, The League of Incredible Vegetables. This is a practical lesson on overcoming fear. There will also be a meal as well as crafts and activities and balloon animals for the children.
- It's all about the Grants: On this day in 2004 the United States Federal Reserve and the U.S. Secret Service introduced the newly designed $50 bill. The bill was first put into circulation in 1861 and has the portrait of Ulysses S. Grant on one side and United States Capitol on the other.