From new openings, approvals for businesses and restaurants to open in 2014 and some establishments closing their doors, the Burlington business community always has a lot of news.
Here are a selection of top business stories from the past year:
1) Mercedes Dealership Looking to Come to Town
An auto group is looking to build a new Mercedes-Benz dealership in the former Polomar Medical Technologies building.
2) New Restaurant Opens in Wayside Plaza
Bonefish Grill opened its doors at the restaurant’s newest location at 4A Wayside Road.
3) Iconic Discout Store Files for Bankruptcy
Building 19 Inc. declared bankruptcy.
4) Grand Opening of Keurig Store
Keurig, the makers of the Keurig Coffee Makers, is opened its first ever retail store in the Burlington Mall.
5) Burlington's Newest Fine Dining Restaurant Opening Today
Seasons 52, located in the old Borders location at 6 Wayside Road, opened its doors with a ribbon cutting ceremony and welcomed new customers.
6) Wegmans, Kings Sites Progressing and Project Now on Social Media
Work on the sites for Wegmans and the Kings bowling alley are progressing as construction. The Northwest Park project also has entered the realm of social media. There is now a Facebook and Twitter account for the "3rd Ave Burlington" project.
A sports-themed restaurant will also be part of the mix of new businesses coming to town. The 3rd Ave. project, developed by the Nordblom Company, stated on its Facebook page that Tony C's will be opening in the development.
Burlington diners have plenty of fast food options at their disposal. But now one company is hoping to bring fast food with a twist. Clover opened its newest location at 100 Mall Road in 2013.
9) Microsoft Store Opening at the Burlington Mall With Concert Featuring Demi Lovato
Microsoft opened a retail store in the Burlington Mall this past year.
10) Construction of High End Steak House Coming Along
The 3rd Avenue project's Facebook page posted this picture of the construction of the high-end steak house The Bancroft.