The following is an announcement from the :
The Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club is pleased to once again sponsor the Annual Town of Burlington’s Fourth of July Parade and Celebration on the Common.
This is the sixth consecutive year the Burlington Breakfast Rotary Club has hosted their signature event for the community.
This 2012 parade is under a mile in length and under an hour from start to finish. The number of units, floats, bands, antique cars, military vehicles, clowns and "special characters" will surely make you smile!
The parade will step off smartly at 10:30 am from Storage Unlimited, 17 Terry Avenue with nearly 60 (see order below) units marching up Cambridge Street, making a left onto Bedford Street, past the reviewing stand in front of the Post Office, and continuing around the Town Common to end at Town Hall.
The featured unit is the world championship "Stuart Highlanders Pipe Band" which placed first in international competition earlier this year in Switzerland. A new attraction will be "The Mad Bavarian Band" from Lebanon, NH. They ever-popular "Hurdy Gurdy Man" Jim Bryant will come down all the way from Wayne, Maine.
For the children there will be free pony rides, bouncy houses, and a 4-car train to ride as well as the ever-popular competitive Dog Show.
The Float Competition with its theme, “Celebrate America”, boasts several new floats and a few surprises.
Food for purchase will be provided by from Fenway Park's "Sausage King" Bob Coppola and includes sausage sandwiches, French fries, fried dough, and other delicacies.
Stay local, stay safe, and enjoy the delights of Burlington's Fourth of July Parade and Celebration on the Common. Program flyers will be available prior to the parade listing the parade entrants in the order of march as well as of our generous sponsors.
For additional information please contact President Ray Graber at 781 221-0018 or Parade Chairperson Kevin McKelvey at 781 273-5857.
Order of Parade March:
DIVISION I (President Elect Chris Sutherland, Captain)
- Tower 1.
- Billerica Fire Department Engine 1 (compliments of Chief Tom Conway).
- Fay Fire Museum Engine 1 (, owner/driver).
- 1954 Ford F800 Fire Truck (Dave Morrison, owner/driver).
- Color Guard.
- Honor Guard (Ken Plante, Commanding).
- “Wm. Diamond Junior Fife and Drum Corps” (Lexington, MA).
- 1954 Dodge M37 (Jim Doherty, Burlington, owner/driver).
- 1945 Army Jeep (Marc Patacchiola, Burlington, owner/driver).
- 1968 Kaiser Jeep “Deuce & a Half” (Martin Cox, Wilmington, owner/driver).
- , “Smart Car”.
DIVISION II (Rotarian Scott Cayon, Captain)
- Civil Air Patrol Color Guard (Captain Dave Druga, Commanding).
- Bedford Minutemen Fife and Drum Unit (Bedford, MA).
- Burlington Minutemen (Wm. Hitchcock).
- Burlington Girl Scouts and Girl Scout Float (Michelle Algeri, Coordinator).
- Burlington Boy Scouts/Cub Scouts.
- (Gerry Pothier, Coordinator).
- Simonds Lodge of Masons (Doug Dodge, Master).
- Burlington Pop Warner (Kelley Pena, Coordinator/Peter O’Toole, driver).
- “Cha Cha” the Frog (vehicle compliments of Herb Chambers).
- Clowns: “Spangles”, “Polly Patches”, “Jujubee the Clown” and “Alley0op”.
- “Thunder the Wolf” (Victoria Soracco, Burlington).
- “Stuart Highlanders Pipe Band”/Wilmington, MA (Brian Morgan, Manager).
- The Hurdy Gurdy Man (James “Jim” Bryant from Wayne, Maine).
- Model T Ford (Norris Noyes, owner/driver, Burlington).
- 1955 Crown Victoria (Gary Noyes, owner/driver, Waltham).
- 1965 Ford Thunderbird (Cindy Stevens, owner/driver, Hudson, MA).
DIVISION III (Rotarian Don Tocci, Captain)
- Middlesex County Sheriff’s Office Honor Guard (Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian).
- “Lynn English H.S. Marine Corps Junior ROTC Drill Team” (Sgt Ken Oswald, Director).
- Department of Homeland Security, ICE, Tahoe SUV (Walter Schlichting, driver).
- Len Evans Family Float, “Born on the Fourth of July”.
- Home Source Realty Float (Realtor Diane Bedard, Coordinator).
- American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Burlington.
- Burlington Rotary Club Float (President Elect Lynne Kelly, Coordinator).
- “Just for Paws”/”” Float (Karen Phillips, Coordinator).
- Burlington Historical Society Float.
- Burlington Area Chamber of Commerce Float (Jim Murphy, Executive Director).
- Comcast Float.
- “Boston Firemen’s Band” (William Flygate, Director).
- Chick –Fil-A Float (Kim England, Coordinator).
- Mother-to-Mother Float.
- “Service Dogs Project” Float (Carlene White owner/trainer).
- Town of Burlington DPW’s newest addition, 5-ton Dump Truck (Kevin Keene, driver).
DIVISION IV (Rotarian David Fionda, Captain)
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Ranger Color Guard (Joseph Faloretti, Coordinator).
- COA Van (Marge McDonald, Director).
- Roche Bros Van and “The Danger Rangers” (Burple, Kitty and Scully).
- “The Mad Bavarian Band” (Bill Sharp from Lebanon N. H., Director).
- Ford F150 (John Latin, Billerica, owner/driver).
- 1997 Chevrolet Suburban (Mike Maguire, Billerica, owner/driver).
- 1975 Chevrolet Silverado “Captain America” (Arthur Cole, Tewksbury, owner/driver).
- Lowell Spinners “Scooby Doo Mystery Machine Van” (Jon Goode, VP Public Relations).
- 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (John Lombardo, Burlington, owner/driver).
- 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Convertible (Wayne and Carolyn Taranto, Burlington).
- Roaming Railroad (Dan DeCosmo, Suffield, CT).