The Burlington Planning Board is holding a special meeting at 4 p.m. this afternoon in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room to discuss the 3A/Canyon project. The Canyon site is the location for a proposed Target.
According to the meeting agenda, the discussion will focus on proposed rezoning and mitigation as well as any restrictive covenants between the developer and the town.
The Gutierrez Company, the developer looking to possibly purchase the land from the state and sell it to Target for a new location, has previously presented a traffic mitigation plan for Middlesex Turnpike and Wheeler Road in response to concerns that the proposed store will add to the already-congested traffic in the area.
Opponents of the plan, however, have remained unconvinced and expressed concerns at public meetings. The latest news is that the zoning change that was originally on the January Town Meeting warrant was held for a future date.
Burlington Patch will cover the meeting and carry a story on the proceedings. Anyone interested in catching up on the issue can find more information in the stories below:
- Gutierrez Company Presents Traffic Plan for Proposed Target
- VIDEO: Gutierrez Details Proposed Target Middlesex-Route 128 Traffic Proposal
- VIDEO: Gutierrez Details Middlesex Turnpike/Adams Street Traffic Plan
- Opponents of Proposed Target Express Concerns at Planning Board Meeting
- Vote on Proposed Target Postponed; Lexington Planning Dept. Speaks Out