Police Logs: Woman Summonsed for One Theft Then Arrested for Another, Car Break-Ins Reported
Burlington Police Department logs for Oct. 17.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:10 a.m. police arrested Lauren Haley, 25, of 12 Westgate Drive, Apartment #103, Woburn on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, a marked lanes violation and failure to wear a seatbelt. Arrest made after a motor vehicle accident on Cambridge Street.
- At 6:43 a.m. a Gidley Street caller reported change taken from his vehicle.
- At 7 a.m. a Macon Road caller also reported change taken from his vehicle.
- At 8:57 a.m. a Skelton Road caller reported his motor vehicle was broken into overnight and his credit card was stolen and used. Money and wallet also taken from unlocked vehicle.
- At 9:17 a.m. a caller from Executive Park reported that she believes a male colleague who she does not know followed her home the night before in his vehicle with New Jersey plates. She said she was fearful and wanted the incident logged.
- At 9:46 a.m. a Nevada Road caller reported a motor vehicle breaking and entering.
- At 2:20 p.m. Macy's reported detaining a female shoplifter. Store to trespass and merchandise recovered.
- At 3:31 p.m. a caller from Burlington Citgo reported someone spilled diesel fuel. Several gallons of diesel gas pumped onto ground was streaming into catch basin. Fire responded and Board of Health notified.
- At 4:28 p.m. police issued a summons to a Billerica woman on a charge of larceny under $250. Summons issued after a caller from Uno's Bar & Grill reported one employee stole from another employee.
- At 4:46 a.m. police arrested Michelle Marie Venezia, 27, of 8 Glade Street, Billerica on charges of Larceny over $250 and receiving stolen property over $250. Arrest made after Sears reported a theft in progress. Venezia was also the one to whom police issued a summons at 4:28 p.m. for the employee theft at Uno's.
- At 5:06 p.m. a caller from Burlington High School reported his iPad was stolen at the school on Oct. 12.
- At 6:42 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported having a female in custody for shoplifting.
- At 9:10 p.m. police arrested Jason Michael Farrell, 39, of 105 Oakland St., Apartment 1, Malden on charges of larceny over $250, possession of a Class A drug and possession of a Class B drug. Arrest made after a Best Buy employee reported a man ran out of the store with a laptop.