Police Logs: Woman Reports Man Looking in Son's Window, House Break-In Reported
Burlington Police Department logs from Aug. 9 to 10.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:20 a.m. a Baron Park Lane resident reported a male looking into her son's window. The caller then followed the man to a blue sedan occupied by four males. Police checked area but the vehicle was gone on arrival. Another resident at apartment complex stated that an adult male spoke with the youth.
- At 4:23 p.m. police responded to a call of shoplifting at the Burlington Mall. The theft occurred at J. Crew clothing store and three female blazers valued at $228 were stolen. Two suspects, one described as a Hispanic male wearing a blue T-shirt, blue jeans and sandals and with a receding hairline. The second suspect described as Hispanic woman with black hair wearing a multi-colored tube top.
- At 4:37 p.m. Macy's reported detaining a shoplifter. Store to handle.
- At 10:48 p.m. a Ruthven Avenue caller reported a suspicious person walking around her neighbor's backyard and another yard with a flashlight. Police checked homes and all were secure. May have been residents looking for a lost pet.
- At 10:24 a.m. a manager at Forever 21 in the Burlington Mall reported a male has been coming to the store and taking pictures of women. Male trespassed from store.
- At 11:23 a.m. police placed a Medford man in protective custody after a report of a male acting suspicious at the Burlington Mall.
- At 2:40 p.m. police issued a summons to a Nordstrom employee. According to the report a female employee admitted to committing over $5,600 in refund/discount fraud.
- At 5:41 p.m. Victoria's Secret in the Burlington Mall reported the past theft of $1,000.
- At 6:29 p.m. a Harriet Avenue reported that her house had been broken-into and that both the front and back doors were open. Entry gained by cut in bathroom window screen.
- At 7:30 p.m. Burlington Mall security reported being with a woman who said she was harassed by another shopper. The female said she had previous incidents with the other woman who saw her at the mall and began harassing her. She also stated the other woman threw a drink in her face.