Police Logs: Two Women Arrested for Shoplifting, Vehicle Windows Smashed and a House Egged
Burlington Police Department logs for Nov. 30 to Dec. 1.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 2:17 p.m. a woman came to the station to report that while she was at Glamour Nails an employee spilled nail polish on her Ugg Boots. Police advised her to seek complaint at Woburn District Court.
- At 3:24 p.m. police arrested Andrea Marcia LaPointe, 23, of 92 North Road, Kingston on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Arrest made after a shoplifting complaint by Sears.
- At 3:40 p.m. a caller on Middlesex Turnpike reported an owl with a broken wing taken off the roadway.
- At 4:17 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported a male shoplifter running from the store in the direction of Staples. Suspect described as a older while male with a stocky build wearing a leather jacket, blue jeans and a Bruins baseball cap. Store reports suspect fled with a Polaroid Tablet valued at $249. Police checked the area but did not locate.
- At 6:26 p.m. a caller reported her vehicle was struck while parked in the lot at Lahey Clinic.
- At 7:39 p.m. a manager at Best Buy reported a male and female attempted to steal two televisions. Male described as Hispanic, in his late 20s wearing a yellow hooded sweatshirt with a black jacket and a black pull down hat. When challenged by the store employees he fled in a gray mid-sized vehicle being operated by a female driver.
- At 6:36 a.m. a Wildmere Avenue caller reported their vehicle's window was smashed an a backpack stolen sometime overnight. Backpack contained a Macbook Pro valued at $1,200.
- At 7:50 a.m. a caller reported that her cell phone was stolen last night while she was at Tavern in the Square.
- At 11:05 a.m. a Donna Lane caller reported her house was egged overnight.
- At 11:34 a.m. Best Buy reported the past theft of a Macbook Pro valued at $2,200.
- At 2:09 p.m. a caller at the Burlington Mall reported the rear window of their vehicle was smashed. Nothing stolen.
- At 6:37 p.m. police arrested Liala Irqsusi, 49, of 85 Brookline St., Watertown on charges of larceny over $250 and receiving stolen property over $250. Arrest made after Lord & Taylor made a shoplifting complaint.
- At 8:51 p.m. a caller at Kohl's reported four shoplifters, three white women and one white male, fled the store in an older model gray sedan.