Police Logs: Two Arrested for Shoplifting, Man Picked up for A&B and Mooning Reported
Burlington Police Department logs for Oct. 1 to 2.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 8:41 a.m. a Muller Road caller reported an ongoing problem with speeding in the area and requested extra patrols.
- At 10:46 a.m. a caller reported two deer running up Mall Road from Cambridge Street.
- At 11:37 a.m. a caller from Route 128 reported a hit-and-run accident. Incident directed to the state police.
- At 11:53 a.m. an off-duty Wilmington officer reported finding an abandoned vehicle in the woods off of Muller Road.
- At 12:23 a.m. a caller from Seven Springs Lane reported a male causing a disturbance in the clubroom.
- At 3:37 p.m. a woman came to the station to report a hit-and-run accident at the Burlington Mall.
- At 4:53 p.m. police arrested two shoplifters after a report from Sears that they were detaining the suspects. Police arrested Sergio Zuniga, 29, of 82 Brick Kiln Road, Apartment 1, Billerca on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation and Teresita Cosme, 28, of 82 Brick Kiln Lane, Billerica, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation.
- At 5:35 p.m. police issued a summons to a Winchester man on a charge of leaving the scene of property damage. Summons made after a caller from the Burlington Northeastern University campus reported a hit-and-run accident.
- At 6:45 p.m. a Wilhelmina Avenue caller reported three credit cards were taken from an unlocked vehicle sometime overnight.
- At 8:33 a.m. a Woodhill Road caller reported items taken from her vehicle while it was parked in the driveway overnight. A GPS and phone charger were stolen.
- At 9:42 a.m. a Spruce Hill Road caller reported that "no parking" signs he posted on his property had been taken. Incident came from dispute between neighbors.
- At 10:34 a.m. a Mountain View Way caller reported items were missing from his house. When police spoke with he caller he stated his ex-girlfriend was trying to hack into his computer and steal his money. No evidence of theft or entry into the house.
- At 1:06 p.m. police arrested Mark Wojnar, 36, of 105 Jewett St., Apartment 1, Lowell on a hcarge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Sears.
- At 6:51 p.m. Lahey Clinic reported missing a scope, valued at $6,000, that disappeared two weeks ago and might have been stolen.
- At 9:54 p.m. a caller from Pizzeria Villafranca reported an unknown white male mooned him in the parking lot. Employee stated that about 20 minutes ago a male, appearing intoxicated, started yelling at employees in the restaurant.
- At 10:23 p.m. police arrested Daniel Thibert Jr., 40, of 27 Shawmut St., Malden, on charges of assault and batter and malcious damage to a motor vehicle. Arrest made after a female reported a past domestic assault.