Police Logs: Three Shoplifters Arrested with Multiple Charges, Vehicle Vandalized
Burlington Police Department logs for Jan. 31 to Feb. 1.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 6:42 a.m. a Crawford Road caller reported a large goose in the roadway. Turned out to be a lawn ornament that was on the side of the road.
- At 9:15 a.m. a party reported their car was vandalized in the parking lot at CVS the day before.
- At 4:56 p.m. a Hallmark Gardens caller reported their neighbor was harassing them by playing music too loudly. Police advised them to contact apartment management and to possibly seek a " no harassment" order from Woburn District Court.
- At 8:04 p.m. police arrested three shoplifters at the Burlington Mall. Police arrested Vilma Torres, 37, of 6 Melrose St., Lawrence on charges of larceny over $250 (3 counts), receiving stolen property over $250 and failure to stop for police. Police also arrested Yesenna Torres, 38, of 15 James St., Apartment 1, Lawrence, on charges of larceny over $250 (3 counts) and receiving stolen property over $250. Police also arrested David Barker, 36, of 15 James St., Apartment 1, Lawrence, on charges of larceny over $250 (4 counts).
- At 1:02 a.m. a Fox Hill Road caller reported a vehicle stuck his mailbox and caused damage.
- At 3:46 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lowell man on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order. Summons issued after a woman reported her ex-boyfriend violated a restraining order.
- At 8:03 p.m. a caller reported a suspicious vehicle at Northeastern University. Police found youths in the woods with a fire. Fire was put out.
- At 9:28 p.m. a caller on Kimball Ct. reported that a 13-14 year old black male was trying to enter a motor vehicle with a screwdriver.
- At 11:28 p.m. a manager at Candlewood Suites reported an intoxicated male sleeping in the hallway. Party was picked up by his uncle and brought home.