Police Logs: Shoplifters Detained, Apartment Streaker Warned and a Warrant Arrest
Burlington Police Logs for Jan. 28 to 30.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 2:28 p.m. police made an arrest for non-payment of child support.
- At 4:46 a.m. a caller from the Marriott Hotel front desk reported that a guest said he thought he heard someone yelling "help me" from the woods near the hotel. Police checked the area but did not see or hear anything similar. They spoke to the guest who reported hearing the noise, who said the sound may have been an animal.
- At 2:17 p.m. a caller from Beacon Village Apartments reported seeing a neighbor in the hallway without any clothes on. Police spoke to the neighbor, who said he does occasionally walk around his own apartment undressed and that he has ran to the front door to grab the newspaper. Police stated if it happened again he would be charged.
- At 4:58 p.m. Macy's reported detaining two female shoplifters. Both women to be summonsed.
- At 5:43 p.m. police responded to a report of a domestic incident on Baron Park Lane. Police spoke with two men who were arguing about the same woman, with whom they both have children. Verbal argument only, no assault.
- At 8:02 p.m. police issued a criminal summons to a Hartford man on a charge of fraud in hiring a vehicle. Summons issued after a cab driver reported a tax fare evasion.
- At 12:17 p.m. Burlington Mall security reported that an employee of Gourmet India had been assaulted the night before. The employee reported he was assaulted while working. The manager of Gourmet India reported the employee was being terminated and that there was no physical contact.
- At 3:23 p.m. a caller reported receiving a threatening, hateful letter. Detectives to handle.
- At 10:24 p.m. police arrested a Dorchester resident on a warrant from another agency.