Police Logs: Shoplifters Arrested and Money Stolen from a Donation Box
Burlington Police Department Logs from Dec. 14 to 15.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 3:33 a.m. police received a report of a hit and run accident causing damage to a fire hydrant on Middlesex Turnpike. No witnesses or evidence on scene to help identify the vehicle. Water Department notified.
- At 3:40 a.m. a caller reported that a friend on Facebook had made threats that should be looked into further. Youth services officer notified.
- At 8:28 a.m. it was reported that a water meter had been stolen from the pumping station at 3 Van De Graaff Drive, valued at around $500.
- At 8:59 p.m. Gold Buyers in the Burlington Mall reported a theft at their kiosk sometime since the night before. Approximately $1,349 in gold removed from safe.
- At 1:05 p.m. Macy's reported detaining a female shoplifter. Store to summons.
- At 1:11 p.m. police arrested Michael Scott Osborne, 43, of 1153B Elm St., apartment L, West Springfield, on a warrant from another agency.
- At 3:42 p.m. Sears security reported that the driver of a green sedan with Rhode Island plates stole approximately $50 worth of merchandise.
- At 5:32 p.m. an Arborwood Drive resident reported someone threw rocks at his sliding door and broke it. Caller reported seeing a male wearing a blue hoodie walking in area.
- At 6:23 p.m. police issued criminal summons to two men. A Mattapan man was charged with larceny over $250 and a Lexington man was charged with larceny over $250, shoplifting by asportation of $100+ (2 counts) and on a warrant from another agency. The summons were issued following a shoplifting call from Macy's.
- At 2:02 a.m. police and fire responded to an alarm at Trader Joe's, 51 Middlesex Turnpike. The sprinkler system near the stock room was activated and caused severe water damage. Board of Health notified.
- At 7:29 a.m. the Burlington Islamic Center, 130 Lexington St., reported that money was stolen from the donation box.
- At 3:01 p.m. a caller from Cambridge Street reported a domestic in progress. Caller reported that her brother just hit her. Police report states there were mutual assaults and mother contacted.
- At 3:51 p.m. Abercrombie & Fitch (Burlington Mall) security reported a fleeing shoplifter. Security reports a white female wearing a dark jacket, green shirt and blue jeans, approximately 20 to 25 years old, was fleeing after stealing merchandise. Suspect left cell phone behind.
- At 6:55 p.m. a Beacon Village caller reported a group of kids with hockey sticks smashing mailboxes. Police spoke to youths who said they were taking cover from rain under mailbox overhang. No damage to mailboxes seen. Police sent youths on their way.
- At 7:39 p.m. police arrested Kaylah Aliya Majeed, 19, of 5508 Stearns Hill Road, Waltham on charges of larceny over $250 and receiving stolen property under $250. Arrest was made following a shoplifting complaint from Lord & Taylor in the Burlington Mall.