Police Logs: Shoplifter Summonsed, $5,000 Tool Reported Stolen
Burlington Police Department logs for Jan. 23 to 24.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:01 p.m. a Hope Street caller reported getting a phone call from an unknown individual who called her an "idiot" and hung up the phone.
- At 3:26 p.m. a Paulson Drive caller reported getting harassing phone calls from her ex-husband and his family. Caller asked police to contact the ex-husband. Police attempted a call and left a voicemail.
- At 9:04 a.m. a Cambridge Street caller reported being struck from behind after stopping for an emergency vehicle and that the other vehicle left the area. Suspect described as a female with a child in the car driving a black Toyota.
- At 10:49 a.m. a caller from Sears Automotive Center reported his personal scan tool was stolen from his tool chest sometime on Jan. 22. Tool valued at $5,000.
- At 1:18 p.m. a caller reported his vehicle was struck while parked at the Burlington Mall. Caller reported damage to his front bumper.
- At 2:08 p.m. a Litchfield Way caller reported receiving a suspicious voicemail. Police listened to the voicemail which sounded like a known scam.
- At 4:04 p.m. police issued a summons to a Billerica man on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.