Police Logs: Phone Scams Reported, Multiple Shoplifting Arrests and OUI Arrest
Burlington Police Department logs for Dec. 29 to 30.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 12:27 a.m. police issued a summons to a Woburn woman on a charge of person under 21 in possession of alcohol.
- At 1:22 a.m. police arrested Mary K. Shea, 23, of 30 Throne Hill Road, Groton, on a charge of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol.
- At 9:04 a.m. a Glenwood Street caller reported someone stole her blue trash barrel sometime the day before.
- At 2 p.m. a Locust Street caller reported his cell phone was stolen while at the Burlington Mall a couple weeks ago.
- At 2:25 p.m. a Greenwood Road caller reported she received a phone call from an unknown person saying she had won a large amount of money and a new car and that someone would come by her house to pick up a Green Dot prepaid card for the sum of $500. Resident told caller she would not participate and believes this is a scam.
- At 3:47 p.m. police arrested Sarah Louise Leblanc, 22, of 5 Moulton St., Newburyport, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.
- At 5:30 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency.
- At 7:06 p.m. police arrested two juveniles, one 14-year-old and one 16-year-old, on charges of larceny over $250 and wanton destruction of property under $250. Arrests made following a shoplifting complain by Macy's of two juveniles attempting to steal $1,272 worth of clothing. Youths were released to the mothers and will be summonsed to juvenile court.
- At 12:44 a.m. police placed a Burlington woman in protective custody following a report of an intoxicated woman causing issues.
- At 1:47 a.m. a Beacon Village caller reported his girlfriend assaulted him and he is bleeding from the face.
- At 9:04 a.m. a Greenwood Road caller reported receiving scam phone calls from someone stating he had won $19 million and a new car and that callers wanted money sent to facilitate delivery of winnings.
- At 9:27 a.m. a caller reported her intoxicated boyfriend was posting derogatory statements about her on Facebook. Caller advised of court rights.
- At 5:14 p.m. police arrested Janet Marie Connery, 40, of 2 Lee Road, Woburn on a charge of shoplifting by concealing merchandise (3rd offense). Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Macy's.