Police Logs: Naked Man Arrested, Two Men Trespassed After Public Defacation
Burlington Police Department logs from Sept. 15 to 16.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 11:54 a.m. a Park Drive caller reported that jewelry was taken from her home sometime in the past six months. Caller stated she believed it was a friend of hers.
- At 2:11 p.m. a Mountain Road caller reported a woman was walking her son with a leash around his neck. Police unable to locate.
- At 3:57 p.m. Lord & Taylor loss prevention reported detaining a juvenile female shoplifter. Parents notified and juvenile released to them.
- At 4:42 p.m. a Derryfield Ave. caller reported receiving $1,500 in postal money orders she wasn't expecting.
- At 5:21 p.m. a Washington Avenue caller reported that a brown dog with a spiked collar attempted to attack his dog. Caller stated this has happened before and that he believes the dog is owned by a person on Laurel Lane. Police referred incident to animal control.
- A 9:13 p.m. police confiscated the license plates of a vehicle that were revoked for insurance. Owner notified.
- At 9:27 p.m. a caller from the Burlington Mall reported someone possibly stole a purse that was placed down.
- At 12:56 a.m. Tavern in the Square management reported asking four men to leave the facility but that they were hanging around the dumpsters. Turned out two of the men defecated in the dumpster area. The parties were trespassed from the property.
- At 6:50 a.m. a caller from Staybridge Suites reported that her car was damaged while parked in the lot. The vehicle also appeared to be moved as it was parked in the opposite direction.
- At 10:59 a.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington man on a charge of malicious damage of property -$250. Summons issued after a Harriett Avenue caller called to have her 19-year-old son removed from the house.
- At 11:34 a.m. police arrested Steven Reider, 53, of 26 Beacon St., Apartment 3B on a charge of open and gross lewdness. Arrest made after a Beacon Village manager reported a resident walking around with no clothes on.
- At 4:51 p.m. police arrested Dianne Esther White, 54, of 9 Sandy Brook Road, Burlington on a charge of violating an abuse prevention order. Arrest made after sister reported to police that suspect was making threats towards her.