Police Logs: Multiple Shoplifting Incidents, Car Break and Mailbox Egged
Burlington Police Department logs from June 14 to 16.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:53 a.m. a person came to the station to report that her cousin is harassing her.
- At 12:29 p.m. a Mall Road caller reported getting harassing phone calls and threats by a handy man that had done work in the past. Suspect to be trespassed and the incident is under investigation.
- At 3:53 p.m. a Burlington Street caller reported his landlord assaulted him. Landlord was no longer on scene.
- At 12:33 p.m. a caller from Wendy's stated a male followed him into the parking lot. Male was wearing a black hoodie, pants and boots. Suspicious person was gone when police arrived and caller walked away after refusing further assistance.
- At 1:09 a.m. a Beaverbrook Road caller reported that when he returned home he found a male wearing a red shirt and black shorts lying in his backyard. Police followed suspect tracks through woods to Boulder Drive where it appeared suspect left in a vehicle. Police also spoke to a local resident returning home who matched the description, but that person denied any involvement.
- At 2:39 p.m. a Realtor on Radcliff Street reported that a person was looking into a window she had listed. Police report states person was gone when they arrived and points out the house is up for sale.
- At 4:05 p.m. police issued a summons to a Plaistow, N.H. woman on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by concealing merchandise. Summons issued after Kohl's Department Store reported detaining a female shoplifter.
- At 4:45 p.m. a Carter Road caller reported that her motor vehicle was broken-into the night before.
- At 7:50 p.m. Lahey Clinic reported that a female party stated her vehicle was struck in the parking garage. Minor, but fresh, damage observed.
- At 9:45 a.m. a Lisa Street caller reported that three weeks ago someone vomited into his mailbox and then after getting a replacement someone egged that mailbox. Caller requested extra checks of neighborhood.
- At 10:10 a.m. a caller reported that on June 14 an unknown person attempted to enter her vehicle by damaging the lock. No entry was gained.
- At 2:33 p.m. Macy's reported having two shoplifters in custody with items stolen from them, Victoria Secrets and Wet Seal. Items returned and store to summons suspects.
- At 2:34 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported chasing two minor males after they attempted to leave the store with an undermined amount of merchandise.
- At 2:49 p.m. Baby Gap reported a wrist wallet and an iPhone were taken at approximately 2:30.
- At 3:09 p.m. Solstice Sunglasses reported that a female customer, who paid for a $69 pair of sunglasses, also stole a pair worth $130 which the store noticed after she left.
- At 11:43 p.m. a caller reported that a white male carrying a black back pack was opening cars at AMC Burlington Cinema and caller believed he may be stealing from vehicles. Police checked area but suspect was gone.