Police Logs: Multiple Shoplifting Arrests, Vehicle Strikes Building
Burlington Police Department logs from Aug. 7 - 8.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 6:30 a.m. a caller reported a suspicious white male dressed in black coming from the path of Marshall Simonds Middle School, looking like he was hiding something in his clothes. Police checked for the person but he was gone when they arrived. Police checked with the general contractor of the renovation project who reported a subcontractor had the lock cut off his toolbox and tools were missing.
- At 11:37 a.m. the Recreation Director reported two suspicious living in the woods at Overlook Park.
- At 12:58 p.m. police arrested Shawn Thomas Murphy, 31, of 1059 Main St., Apartment 202, Worcester on charges of shoplifting by concealing merchandise (3rd offense) and on two warrants from other agencies. Arrest made after Abercrombie & Fitch reported detaining a shiplifter.
- At 1:32 p.m. a caller from DCU Federal Credit Union reported someone drove through the glass widow of the building. No injuries or structural damage.
- At 3:22 p.m. a caller from Goodwin Drive reported someone stole his work keys out of his motor vehicle.
- At 3:26 p.m. a Beacon Village caller reported someone keyed his motor vehicle.
- At 4:13 p.m. a caller from Best Buy reported a male party stole three external hard drives.
- At 5:02 p.m. police arrested two women on for shoplifter after a report of shoplifting by Kohl's Department Store. Police arrested Megan Michelle Packard, 18, of 255 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation and Amanda Ashlie Veader-Brooks, 18, of 30 Newbridge Ave., Burlington on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation.
- At 6:54 p.m. police spoke with homeless parties at Overlook Park and advised them of the rules of the park and had them break down their tent and leave.
- At 8:33 p.m. police arrested a Burlington woman on a warrant from another agency.
- At 9:37 a.m. police assisted Winchester PD on a juvenile arrest.
- At 1:32 p.m. Macy's reported detaining two shoplifters and police helped identify the suspects. Store to file criminal application.
- At 2:04 p.m. a Harriet Avenue resident reported someone stole jewelry from his house.
- At 4:06 p.m. Victoria Secrets reported that they fired an employee that day who then made threats. Mall management to work on full trespass from property.
- At 4:57 p.m. a caller from Specialty Management Services reported being strangled and that his face was swollen. At first caller would not say who did it but later told police he had an argument with another resident a few days ago but is okay at this time.
- At 5:58 p.m. police placed a male into protective custody after a caller from Border Cafe reported a very intoxicated man on the premises.
- At 8 p.m. police issued a summons to a Somerville man on a charge of larceny over $250 after Macy's reported a past theft by an employee.