Police Logs: Multiple Shoplifters Arrested, Motor Vehicle Break-ins
Burlington Police Department Logs from Nov. 28 to 29.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 8:06 a.m. a caller from the Presbyterian Church at 335 Cambridge St., reported that a male threw a woman to the ground before leaving in a motor vehicle. Police could not locate suspect vehicle, but found a female matching victim description. Woman said she was never assaulted by suspect.
- At 5:29 p.m. a caller from Brown Ave., reported his vehicle was hit sometime the night before while it was parked. Minor damage to vehicle.
- At 5:31 p.m. a caller on Cambridge Street reported that three youths on bikes were riding in and out of traffic, yelling obscenities at motorists. Police spoke with a group of youths who said they were riding on the sidewalk and not in the street.
- At 8:36 p.m. police arrested Anderson Souza Francisco, 29, of 62 Lowell St., Apartment 5, Peabody on charges of operator a motor vehicle with a suspended license, unregistered operation of a motor vehicle and failure to wear a seat belt.
- At 8:56 p.m. police responded to a call of a fight in progress at Border Cafe. Police spoke to two parties, who were no longer fighting. Both explained it was a dispute over existing matter.
- At 8:57 p.m. a Newbridge Avenue resident reported that a male assaulted her fiance before leaving in a red Ford Explorer. Caller reported a male came to the door and swore at her fiance. Caller to seek harassment order.
- At 10:08 p.m. a security company reported a person had entered Marshall Simonds Middle School. Officer reports a suspect entered the building but fled before police arrival. Nothing appeared to be stolen.
- At 7:08 a.m. a Eugene Road resident reported a pocketbook stolen from a motor vehicle. Party reports the pocketbook was worth around $400.
- At 10:58 a.m. a Leroy Drive resident reported items missing from residence.
- At 12:48 p.m. a caller on Muller Road reported that electrical wires were down and that grass underneath had caught on fire. Fire department notified and NSTAR was on scene.
- At 4:17 p.m. police arrested Latonya Shawntate Gordon, 37, of 97 Lincoln St., Apartment 1, Hartford, Conn. and Yasheeka Tocardra Grant, 28, of 358 Weathersfield Ave, Apartment A, Hartford, Conn. were arrested on charges of shoplifting by concealing merchandise. Arrests made following a shoplifting report by Macys.
- At 4:48 p.m. police arrested Hector Delin Green Jr., 19, of 6 Colleen Circle, Billerica, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation.
- At 5:12 p.m. police arrested Corey Farah Adbiaziz, 29, of 91 Barber St., Hartford, Conn. on a charge of shoplifting by asportation.
- At 6:27 p.m. a caller reported a fighting in the parking lot of the Dunkin Donuts at 28 Winn St. Nothing physical, verbal only.
- At 6:29 p.m. a caller reported their motor vehicle was broken into while parked at Planet Fitness, 40 Ray Avenue. Owner's purse, Sony digital camera, iPod Nano and clutch bag were stolen.
- At 7:32 p.m. police recovered a Hertz Rental truck that was 15 days overdue. Large amount of stolen items were found inside the vehicle.