Police Logs: Man Arrested on Assault and Battery, Driver Throws Cup and Spits
Burlington Police Department logs from May 29 to 31.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 11:05 a.m. a Gerogia Drive caller reported that there was a dead raccoon under the hood of his vehicle. Police assisted in removing animal.
- At 12:05 p.m. a caller from Metropolitan Credit Union reported that an unkown vehicle drove over some bushes.
- At 5:37 p.m. a Sandy Brook Road caller reported that his neighbor dumped leaves on his front step. Caller to file a written trespass to neighbor.
- At 12:15 a.m. a caller from Winn St. and Peach Orchard Road reported that she exchanged words with another driver at the intersection and that the other party threw a cup at her car and spit at her.
- At 5:39 a.m. a Sarah Street caller reported that gasoline was stolen from his vehicle. The vehicle was filled two days before but today the gas light was on and caller noticed the gas cap not properly closed.
- At 6:14 a.m. a Burlington man was placed in protective custody for detox.
- At 9:09 a.m. a caller from Bedford Street reported seeing a vehicle strike another vehicle on the side of the road and then leaving the area. Police followed the driver of the striking vehicle and obtained her information.
- At 12:37 Nordstrom reported that on May 26 a white male, a known customer, caused a disturbance and threatened a store manager. Incident caught on surveillance and the store manager to trespass from store next time the man returns. Individual also made suggestive remarks to female employees.
- At 2:33 p.m. a caller reported that her purse was stolen from her vehicle parked in front of the United Church of Christ Congregational.
- At 2:09 a.m. a caller from Arboretum at Burlington reported that his ex-girlfriend was at the door ringing the bell repeatedly. Caller asked woman to leave but she refused. Police spoke with female on the phone and advised her not to return to the apartment and she agreed.
- At 6:21 a.m. a Freeport Drive caller reported that someone drover over his lawn during the night.
- At 7:23 a.m. a caller from Barnes & Noble Booksellers reported that she found a man living in the store's dumpster this morning.
- At 9:04 a.m. a caller reported her ex-boyfriend grabbed her by the throat. Police arrested James Blaney, 25, of 13 Francis Wyman Road, Burlington on a charge of assault and battery.
- At 1:01 p.m. police arrested a Lowell man on a warrant from another agency.
- At 1:33 p.m. Hollister security reported two shoplifters left the mall and provided license plate to police.
- At 2:32 p.m. Hollister theft prevention reported detaining a female shoplifter who attempted to leave the store with two pair of jeans valued at $89.
- At 6:53 p.m. a caller from Arboretum Way reported that her mother and father had a domestic dispute and her father pointed a knife towards her.