Police Logs: Man Arrested for Vehicle Infractions, Purse Stolen and Laptop Taken
Burlington Police Logs for March 6 to 8.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:15 a.m. a Hillcrest Drive caller reported she is being harassed by a resident in town who has been leaving messages on her business voice mail.
- At 10:25 a.m. a caller reported wallet was stolen on March 4 at the Burlington Mall. Caller said her debit cart had been used at Victoria's Secret.
- At 5:23 p.m. a caller on Winn Street reported damage to the rear window of his vehicle. Police report states window was smashed sometime between 2 and 5 p.m.
- At 6:07 p.m. Officer McMillan reported recovering a vehicle that had been reported missing in Dedham. Damage to ignition, front seats missing and side mirrors missing. Vehicle towed.
- At 6:12 p.m. a caller from the Shell Station at 140 Cambridge St. reported being the victim of a hit and run accident. Suspect was reported driving a green Ford Taurus.
- At 3:17 p.m. a caller from Homestead Studio Suites reported a dispute with a guest at the hotel. Male party advised to leave for the evening.
- At 1:47 a manager from AMC Burlington Cinema 10 reported finding a wallet with a small amount of 94C (controlled substance) inside. Substance to be destroyed and management to return wallet.
- At 1:50 p.m. a caller reported that someone stole her pocketbook from the employee room at Best Buy. Report states suspect was caught on video and had been using cards at Target in Woburn. Suspect was using a rented vehicle and police to get information from Enterprise.
- At 2:15 p.m. a caller reported paying $11,000 for Red Sox tickets he never received.
- At 4:20 p.m. a Edgemont Avenue caller reported someone backed up a truck onto his yard and broke his sprinkler head. Owner has incident on video. Police spoke to owner of company connected to vehicle who said he will make restitution.
- At 5:40 p.m. police arrested Cesar Vargas, 30, of 68 Congress St., Apt. 1, Lawrence, on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and on a warrant from another agency.
- At 12:08 p.m. a Brookfield Road caller reported parties soliciting in neighborhood. Police found parties, who were distributors for carpet cleaning services and advised them to register with the police department.
- At 1:51 p.m. a caller from the Burlington Public Library reported having their laptop stolen sometime in the past two hours.
- At 9:11 p.m. a Wheatland Street caller reported a friend was drunk and she was refusing to leave. Police settled situation.
- At 11:54 p.m. the same caller from the 9:11 p.m. incident reported he would like help removing a second party from the residence. Police placed a Westford woman in protective custody.