Police Logs: Man Arrested for Shoplifting, $990 in Bras Stolen
Burlington Police Department logs for Oct. 31 to Nov. 1.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 11:54 a.m. police arrested a South Grafton man on warrants from other agencies (7 total warrants for arrest).
- At 12:05 p.m. Hilton Gardens Inn reported a past theft.
- At 1:10 p.m. police did a motor vehicle stop that resulted in two criminal summonses. The first was for the owner, a Woburn man, who was charged with operating an uninsured motor vehicle and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration. The second was for the driver, an Ashland man, who was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- At 3:39 p.m. Macy's loss prevention reported a shoplifter who took $189 in merchandise. Police issued a summons to a Wilmington woman on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation.
- At 5:20 p.m. a caller at the Burlington Mall reported that his motor vehicle was struck in a hit and run accident.
- At 5:46 p.m. a caller at Regan Park reported two white men on the basketball court and reported one was flashing a black handgun. Police searched the area but the men were gone.
- At 9:16 p.m. a Randall Drive caller reported someone smashed the front storm door on the house.
- At 2 a.m. police issued a summons to a Woburn woman on charges of leaving the scene of property damage and a marked lanes violation. Summons issued after a hit and run accident was reported on Beacon Street. The suspect's vehicle, with damage consistent with the accident, was found in Woburn.
- At 6:57 a.m. police noticed a party removing metal from a garbage dumpster on Winn Street. Party advised of possible court action if metal was intended for another person.
- At 9:26 a.m. a caller reported a wire down on Carol Avenue. Wire was not a hazard at the time.
- At 11:42 a.m. a Marion Road caller reported an ongoing issue with a neighbor over loud music. Party advised to keep music down.
- At 1:17 p.m. a caller reported a hit and run accident at the Hess station at 110 Cambridge Street. Caller's vehicle was struck as she entered gas station. Suspect approached her car and asked if she was okay and stated he was going to get his insurance information but then fled north down Cambridge Street. Suspect described as tall white male in late teens or early twenties.
- At 3:44 p.m. Victoria's Secret reported a past theft. Two females, possibly Hispanic, entered the store at 1:40 p.m. and took 18 bras valued at $55 each.
- At 4:44 p.m. a Daniel Drive caller reported a neighbor threatened her son. Police spoke to both parties and settled the issue.
- At 7:48 p.m. police arrested Abderhahim Khouti, 37, of 26 Bradlee Road, Apartment 17, Medford, on a charge of shoplifting $100+ by asportation. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Sears which reported a man stole a sound system and a cooking mixer.