Police Logs: Man Arrested After Stealing Alcohol, Attempted Armed Robbery with Knife
Burlington Police Department logs from Sept. 17 to 18.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 9:24 a.m. a Washington Avenue caller reported a brown and white dog with a spiked collar chased him and his small dog.
- At 11:52 a.m. a caller from Citgo at 161 Bedford St., reported a past theft from the station.
- At 12:37 p.m. police responded to a call from Busa Wine & Spirits of a male who stole two bottles of alcohol. The suspect left the area but was arrested in Billerica on other charges. Burlington Police issued a summons to the suspect, Henry Lee Golden, Jr., 52, of 10 Orlando St., Apartment 4, Mattapan on a charge of shoplifting by asportation.
- At 1:12 p.m. police issued a summons to a Bedford man on a charge of leaving the scene of property damage following a hit and run accident at Lahey Clinic.
- At 1:33 p.m. a caller reported that a female Burlington High School student has been harasing a female student and her boyfriend through emails and an in-school incident.
- At 5:01 p.m. a Nelson Road caller reported his computer is at a residence and the resident won't give it to him. The resident stated it was a family computer. Caller to seek court action.
- At 6:44 p.m. police spoke to youths on bikes after a caller from Lester's Roadside BBQ reported youths in the area. Police informed the kids the area was off limits.
- At 7:36 p.m. a caller from Sylvester Road reported an on-going harassment involving a male who lives in the neighborhood. Harassment was through text messages about vehicle speeding on the street. Police spoke to the male and advised him to cease contacting the reporting party.
- At 9:19 p.m. the CVS pharmacy reported two white males who attempted to pass a fake prescription. Suspects did not return to the store.
- At 12:18 a.m. a caller from the Mobil Gas Station at 173 Bedford St., reported an attempted robbery with a knife. Suspect described as a Hispanic male, less than 5 feet tall and wearing a sweatshirt and blue jeans. Click here for our story on the incident.
- At 10:42 a.m. a Washington Avenue caller reported a dead fox in the road in front of her house.
- At 11:55 a caller from Beacon Village reported three bikes had been stolen sometime within the past week.
- At 1:38 p.m. a Board of Health member reported receiving harassing phone calls from a resident who verbally abused him on the phone and used vulgar language. Two calls made on Sept. 17.
- At 2:10 p.m. Sears security reported the theft of a Bose Home Theater system valued at $800. Suspect is a white male about 30 years old who left in a 1999 gold Dodge Status.
- At 4:38 p.m. police spoke to solicitors who were outside the Post Office on Bedford Street. Police advised them they were not allowed to block the exit.
- At 5:27 p.m. police arrested Emily Lee, 18, homeless, on charges of disorderly conduct and assault and batter on a police officer. The arrest came after Spencer Gifts reported shoplifters in custody. Police also issued summons to a Wilmington woman on a charge of shoplifting by concealing merchandise and a Bedford woman on a charge of disorderly conduct.
- At 6:01 p.m. a caller on Cambridge Street reported that a ladder on a construction site fell over and landed on her car, causing damage. Direct TV employees were on a business roof and they stated that the wind knocked the ladder over.
- AT 10:17 p.m. Border Cafe reported that a male customer walked out on a $50 bill.
- At 11:28 p.m. police arrested Reynaldo Santiago, 29, of 80 Center St., Burlington on charges of assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Arrest made after the Massachusetts State Police alerted Burlington police of a possible domestic situation in town.