Police Logs: Male Arrested for OUI, Open Container and Woman Climbs Through Widow to Confront Boyfriend
Burlington Police Department logs for Oct. 7 to 8.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 2:22 a.m. a caller from Middlesex Turnpike reported two males in the woods near the Route 128 ramp. Police found one homeless man spending the night in the woods. Checks ok and stated he was warm and comfortable for the night.
- At 5:15 p.m. Kohl's Department Store reported detaining a female shoplifter who allegedly stole $232 in merchandise.
- At 5:20 a.m. a caller from the Old Navy Store reported their vehicle was struck in the parking lot while they were shopping.
- At 9:39 p.m. a Baron Park Lane caller reported her young child swollowed a penny. The child showed no signs of distress but was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
- At 3:59 a.m. police arrested Emmanuael Kivumbi, 36, of 439 Bedford St., Lexington, on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, possession of an open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and a marked lanes violation.
- At 7:51 a.m. a caller reported that several feet of aluminum/copper wire stolen from a South Bedford Street residence.
- At 9:19 a.m. a caller from Staybridge Suites reported that a guest had items stolen from her room the previous Saturday. A bottle of Polo Cologne and a pullover were taken.
- At 10:04 a.m. a caller from Keystone Dental reported a male looking into vehicles that morning. Suspicious male seen leaving in white van with Florida plates. Caller advised to call back if the man returns.
- At 10:57 a.m. there was a two-car accident on Wilmington Road that was apparently caused when a child ran out into the road. The first car braked to avoid hitting the child and the second vehicle rear-ended the first.
- At 10:59 a.m. a Westwood Street caller reported a sewage back-up that is coming into the house.
- At 12:05 p.m. a Buckman Drive caller reported her husband was hitting her.
- At 12:16 p.m. a caller from Wheeler Road reported receiving harassing phone calls and believes it is her ex-boyfriend who she has a restraining order against.
- At 2:28 p.m. a Beacon Village caller reported three bicycles were stolen from a shed. One of the bikes was found on site by police.
- At 2:43 p.m. Sears requested assistance with a shoplifter who was refusing to identify themselves. Same allegedly stole $180 in cologne. Sears to handle.
- At 3:03 p.m. a Sylvester Road caller reported that his home was egged the night before. Caller said this is an ongoing problem and was the third time this happened in past few months.
- At 3:11 p.m. a manager from CVS reported that a male tried to return an item with a fake license before leaving on a motorized scooter. Suspect possibly tampered with price tags before attempting to return items.
- At 5:27 p.m. police issued a summons to a Watertown woman on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued following a shoplifting complaint by Lord & Taylor.
- At 8:52 p.m. a Lexington Street caller reported a domestic in progress. According to the male caller a female climged into the the house through a window and began screaming at him. Female apparently thought her boyfriend was cheating on her. Police removed the woman from the risdence. The woman's sister was contacted to assist because of her level of hysteria.
- At 10:21 p.m. an Independence Drive caller reported someone banged on his door and left the area. Police checked the area but didn't see anyone.