Police Logs: Mailbox Damaged Overnight, Report of Woman Striking Child
Burlington Police Department logs from Sept. 23.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:27 a.m. a Heritage Way caller reported a red sedan traveling at a high rate of speed. Police checked the area but the vehicle was gone.
- At 1:59 a.m. police responded to Summerfield Suites to help break up a party that was causing a disturbance. A female was transported to the lobby of the police station to wait for a ride.
- At 1:05 p.m. a Winn Street caller reported a woman sitting on the ground with a case of beer and hanging her head low for a well-being check.
- At 1:27 p.m. a Sears security member reported a woman hitting a child.
- At 5 p.m. a caller from Washington Avenue reported two large dogs came running at him and he had to chase them away with a stick. Police checked area but the animals were gone on their arrival.
- At 6:30 p.m. a Brown Avenue caller reported her mailbox was dented a little after midnight the night before.
- At 7:44 p.m. a caller from Kimball Towers reported his vehicle was side-swiped while parked in the lot. Police report states the entire passenger side was damaged.
- At 11:30 a.m. police responded to a call of females fighting at the Burlington Marriott. The women were gone when police arrived and security was to notify police if they returned.