Police Logs: Intoxicated Man Falls into Ravine, Teen Pedestrian Struck
Burlington Police Department logs for Nov. 4 to 5.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 3:11 p.m. a caller from Cambridge Steet reported another motor vehicle caused her to hit the curb and get a flat tire.
- At 4:44 p.m. police placed a Wellesley man in protective custody after Sears Automotive Center reported an intoxicated male pulled his vehicle into the shop. The man also allegedly "put his hands" on an employee.
- At 5:41 p.m. a caller called to state that when he dropped his daughter off at her mother's house after a weekend of visitation, the mother stated the 12-year-old girl was "no longer welcome" in the house. Caller brought the girl to his mother's house and police advised him to follow up with probate court.
- At 5:50 p.m. police placed a Watertown man in protective custody after a caller at the Border Cafe reported a male who appeared intoxicated may have fallen into the ravine in the woods behind the restaurant.
- At 12:26 a.m. a Eugene Road caller reported a bat in her home. Caller given tips on handling the situation and advised to call back of problems arise.
- At 8:40 a.m. a Homestead Studio Suites called to claim the manager threatened her. No threats made, dispute over housing issue.
- At 10:55 a.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency.
- At 2:36 p.m. a Four Acre Drive resident reported her ex husband violated a restraining order.
- At 3:22 p.m. a caller reported an accident inolving a pedestrian at the corner of Cambridge Street and Ray Avenue. 16-year-old pedestrian transported to Lahey Clinic with mouth injuries. Mother notified.
- At 6:08 p.m. a caller reported someone threw something at her car at Simonds Park. Police searched area but found nobody suspicious.
- At 8:48 p.m. a caller at the Burlington Mall reported a stolen cell phone.
- At 8:59 p.m. police issued a summons to a Woburn man on a charge of shoplifting by asportation. Summons issued after Sears reported a man stole a drill and fled. Same was located in the Chili's parking lot.
- At 9:45 p.m. a Peach Orchard Road caller reported his vehicle was damaged.