Police Logs: House and Car Egged, Teen Spray Paint Building and Woman Arrested for Assault and Battery
Burlington Police Department logs for Oct. 27 to 28.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 2:08 a.m. a female caller on Cambridge Street reported a male passenger exited the vehicle and began damaging her car. Male was upset from previous incident.
- At 11:55 a.m. a caller from Burlington High School reported that stated an accusation of theft.
- At 1:19 p.m. a caller reported a suspicious couple, possibly doing something inappropriate, on the hill behind St. Margaret's Parish.
- At 4:35 p.m. a Windsor Lane caller reported someone stole her generator from her property within the past week.
- At 6:28 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lexington woman on a charge of larceny over $250. Summons issued after a shoplifting complaint by Kohl's Department Store.
- At 7:09 p.m. police arrested Megan Mary Lanzillo, 42, of 81 Highway Drive, Franklin on charges of larceny over $250 and assault and battery. Arrest made following a shoplifting complaint by Lord & Taylor.
- At 8:27 p.m. a Prouty Road caller reported a suspicious male loitering in the area between 6 and 8 p.m. smoking cigarettes. Police located man who fled down the power lines upon being encountered. Police officers identified the man.
- At 9:41 p.m. police placed a Burlington woman in protective custody after Border Cafe requested assistance with a female party.
- At 1:38 p.m. a manager from Hilton Garden Inn reported a female in the lobby causing a disturbance. Female had disagreement with management but agreed to return to her room for the night and keep the volume down. Same was hosting a party in her room.
- At 9:23 a.m. a Cresthaven Drive caller reported that her house and car were egged overnight.
- At 11:09 a.m. Spikes Junk Yard Dogs reported $2,189 in cash was stolen from the business sometime over night.
- At 4:26 p.m. a Shaw's manager reported that a group of youths spray-painted the rear of the building. Four youths spray-painted their nicknames on the loading dock wall. Parents to be notified.
- At 5:14 p.m. a Beacon Village resident reported an unknown party threw a measuring tape through her kitchen window. Management to repair.
- At 6:20 p.m. Sears reported detaining a male shoplifter without identification who stole approximately $50 in merchandise. Store to handle.
- At 6:32 p.m. police issued a summons to a Burlington woman on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license (subsequent offense) and operating a vehicle with no inpsection sticker.
- At 8:29 p.m. police arrested an Arlington man on a warrant from another agency.