Police Logs: Diamon Rings Stolen, Three Arrested for Shoplifting
Burlington Police logs from April 20 - 22
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 7:06 a.m. police took a report of a past theft from AMC Theaters, 20 South Avenue. Caller reported a generator had been stolen from a construction site across the street from the theater.
- At 11:43 a.m. police assist in resolving a call of low-hanging wires on Peach Orchard Road. RCN cable line was pulled off roadway by police and residents advised to call RCN for service.
- At 2:12 p.m. police responded to a call from Sears at the Burlington Mall. Loss prevention called to report they were watching a male who has been a combative shoplifter in the past. The male had left the store prior to police arrival.
- At 4:36 p.m. police took a report of a past theft from Jared's, 2 Wayside Road. manager reported two diamond rings valued at close to $10,000 were missing.
- At 4:51 p.m. police arrested three men in connection to a shoplifting incident at Macy's in the Burlington Mall. Police arrested Stephen Cabral, 20, of 3097 Pawtucket Avenue, Apt. 2, East Providence, R.I. on a charge of larceny over $250. Police arrested Jonathan Munrayos, 18, of 137 Ophelia St., Providence R.I. on a charge of larceny over $250. Finally, police arrested Jacob Dorbor, 19, of 10 Harriet St., Providence R.I. on charges of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and on the strength of a warrant from another agency (2 counts).
- At 5:15 p.m. a woman came to the station to report malicious damage/vandalism. She said that someone threw rocks at her vehicle while she was stopped at Cambridge St., and Bedford St., intersection.
- At 9:27 p.m. a caller reported that occupants of a vehicle on Middlesex Turnpike threw a bottle at his vehicle. He said the two females in the other vehicle drove down Route 3, North. Police advised caller to come by station so they could observe damage but reporting party never arrived.
- At 9:56 a.m. police arrested David Iovino, 22, of 58 Riverbank Ter., Billerica on charges of Felony breaking and entering, possession of burglarious instrument, wanton destruction of property under $250 (2 counts) and attempting to commit a crime.
- At 12:13 p.m. a woman came to station to report a past theft in relation to a scam of her bank account. She reported that $2,400 in charges had been made from her account.
- At 2:09 p.m. a woman came to the station to report a large tree branch fell on her car while she was driving on County Road. Police observed damage to the hood of her 2010 Ford Expedition.
- At 5:05 p.m. a caller reported a needle on the roadway on Mill St. The Burlington Fire Department handled disposal.
- At 5:31 p.m. police received a call of suspicious activity/person and Burlington Medical Associates, 281 Cambridge St. Caller reported a white male with long white hair and average build who had been in and out of the building all day carrying beer cans. When approached male said he had an appointment and eventually left in a white vehicle. Caller to report if he returned the next day.
- At 7:21 p.m. a woman came to the station to report her vehicle had been stolen in the CVS parking lot. She said she had left the keys in her brown 2002 Nissan Altima and the car was stolen sometime between 2 and 5 p.m. The car was later involved in a failure to stop incident in Wakefield and the Wakefield PD reported seeing a white male with a backwards hat driving the vehicle. The vehicle was found on April 22 in Woburn.
- At 8:45 p.m. a caller reported his ex-girlfriend was harassing him through email and text message and asked police to speak with her and tell her to stop. Police were unable to find anyone at the address given.
- At 9:01 a.m. police and the animal control officer handled a call of a possible rabid raccoon on Mill Street.
- At 4:52 p.m. police responded to a disturbance at the Burlington Mall after many calls came in of teenagers fighting. Police issued summons to two youth offenders, one on charges of assault and battery and the other for assault and battery and armed robbery. One party was transported to Lahey Clinic.
- At 5:52 p.m. a caller reported that teenagers had set a small fire behind his property on Mill Street. Caller said the teens had taken off. Burlington Fire Department handled.
- At 7:26 p.m. a caller reported that his vehicle had been struck by a BB while traveling on Wilminton Road on April 17.
- At 7:58 p.m. a man came to the station to report someone stole a work bag from his vehicle while it was parked in the field behind Francis Wyman Elementary. He stated the bag contained his wallet, license and credit card.
- At 9:22 p.m. police arrested Paul Michael Colameco, 20, of 6 Baron Park Lane, Apt. 27, Burlington on charges of assault and battery, vandalizing property, intimidating a witness and larceny of drugs. Colameco was arrested following a report of a female being assaulted in the rest room of Kohls Department Store.