Police Logs: Coyote and Fox Sightings, Man Arrested on 6 Warrants and Vehicle Stolen
Burlington Police Department Logs from Jan. 1 to 3.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 11:35 a.m. a College Road resident reported seeing a fox in the backyard. The fox ran into the woods.
- At 5:35 p.m. police issued a summons to a South Boston man on a charge of larceny over $250. The summons was issued following a report by Lord & Taylor of past shoplifting theft of $6,250 in merchandise.
- At 7:15 p.m. Police checked Regan Park on a call of suspicious person. Police detected the slight odor of marijuana and sent parties on their way.
- AT 7:32 p.m. an employee of Outback Steakhouse, 34 Cambridge St., reported that three males walked out on their $47 bill.
- At 7:47 p.m. a Farms Drive resident reported items stolen from her apartment. However, when police arrived, the reporting party would not open the door to allow them to enter.
- At 10:03 a.m. police and fire responded to a report of an accident at the Burlington Mall. A vehicle collided with a pole in the parking lot and one passenger was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
- At 2:49 p.m. a caller reported that his vehicle was struck in a hit and run accident at Market Basket.
- At 6:08 p.m. police arrested a 16-year-old juvenile on charges of assault and violating an abuse prevention order. Arrest made following a domestic situation involving mother and brother.
- At 8:08 p.m. a caller from the Burlington Mall reported his Saab had been stolen.
- At 6:24 a.m. a caller from the Goodway Group of Massachusetts, 16 A Street, reported a commercial van had been stolen overnight.
- At 11:17 a.m. it was reported that a "Do Not Enter" sign in the parking lot of Francis Wyman Elementary was missing.
- At 11:58 a.m. a Ledgewood Drive caller reported a coyote in the area.
- At 5:49 p.m. police arrested Matthew F. Sarsfield, 27, of 3 Robert St., Burlington on the strenght of six warrants (from another agency).