Police Logs: Arrest Made Following Laptop Theft at Library
Burlington Police Logs for March 13 to 15.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 1:23 a.m. a caller reported having a verbal argument with two males on Wellesley Avenue who she said yelled at her to leave the area. Police spoke with three Woburn males who said they were fishing in the reservoir and thought someone was trying to break into their vehicle and yelled to scare whoever it was away. Police advised them not to be in the reservoir area after dark and no fishing is allowed without a permit.
- At 1:24 p.m. a caller reported another driver cut him off and made an obscene gesture on Winn Street.
- At 2:23 p.m. a caller reported that $2,000 worth of merchandise from Anthropologie on March 9. Assorted shirts stolen, no witnesses.
- At 2:50 p.m. a caller reported that her son's iPod was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked behind the Town Hall Annex building.
- At 4:13 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency. Arrest made following a complaint by a caller at Simonds Park who complained an older male was harassing him and his friends.
- AT 6:04 p.m. a caller reported finding a $450 deduction from their checking account through PayPal. Police advised caller to check credit history and fill out identity theft package.
- At 8:36 p.m. an officer came across a group of youths with multiple motor vehicles at the reservoir. Police advised youths not to trespass at the reservoir after dark. All of the kids were picked up by adults.
- At 6:06 a.m. Marriott Security reported that a guest's vehicle was broken into sometime overnight. Passenger side window was smashed and a laptop and jacket were stolen.
- At 8:09 a.m. a Winn Valley Drive caller reported that a neighbor's trash is entering his property. Police advised him to call Board of Health.
- At 12:30 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on the strength of a warrant from another agency.
- At 4:26 p.m. a Blanchard Road caller reported malicious damage to their property.
- At 2:05 a.m. police issued a summons to a Peabody man on charges of failing to stop/yield and operating a motor vehicle after revocation of registration.
- At 7:25 a.m. police issued a summons to a Tewksbury man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license and operating a vehicle with no inspection stickers.
- At 11:40 a.m. a caller from the Burlington Public Library reported her laptop was stolen. Second theft from the library in three days. Police to review video.
- At 11:48 a.m. a walk-in reported her pocketbook was stolen at Michaels.
- At 2:33 p.m. police arrested Megan Marie Foley, 21, of 214 Burlington Ave., Wilmington on charges of larceny over $250 (2 counts). Arrest made after a call from the Burlington Public Library reported a suspicious female had returned.
- At 9:12 p.m. police arrested a Burlington man on a warrant from another agency.