Police Logs: 4-Year-Old Left in Vehicle, Woman Summonsed for Shoplifting
Burlington Police Department logs for Nov. 6 to 7.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
- At 1:34 p.m. a Keans Road caller reported a solicitor was in the neighborhood trying to sell tree removal service. Same was wearing a black uniform and had a clipboard. Solicitor was gone when police arrived.
- At 3:25 p.m. a caller on Mall Road reported a hit and run accident. A pedestrian was struck by a Suburban-type vehicle. Party was okay but did go to Lahey Clinic for evaluation.
- At 4:14 p.m. a caller at Starbucks on Mall Road reported a child left unattended in vehicle for over 20 minutes. Police checked the child and the 4-year-old was okay. Police also spoke to mother and advised her to bring the child inside with her next time.
- At 5:28 p.m. Lord & Taylor loss prevention reported detaining a female shoplifter who attempted to leave store with a $168 sweater. Woman to be summonsed by store for shoplifting.
- At 6:06 p.m. a Corcoran Road caller reported unauthorized use of his debit card.
- At 7:25 a.m. a Daniel Drive caller reported that she believes someone tried to open a credit card under her name. No accounts were successfully opened but caller wanted incident logged.
- At 12:31 p.m. a caller reported a hit and run accident in the parking lot of Bed, Bath and Beyond.
- At 3:33 p.m. police issued a summons to a Lowell woman on a charge of unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- At 11:23 p.m. an employee at the Shell station on Middlesex Turnpike requested assistance with removing two unwanted patrons. The two patrons left before police arrived.