Police Logs: $2,000 Reported Stolen from Home, Possible Sick Fox Spotted
Burlington Police Department logs from July 29 to 30.
Following are excerpts from the Burlington Police Department log. Note that this is a sampling of activity in the log, not a complete account. We report all arrests included in the daily police log.
- At 11:18 a.m. a caller reported his cell phone was taken at AMC Burlington Cinema 10he night before. Phone was picked up by staff member of the movie theater and returned to owner.
- At 12:55 p.m. a Chestnut Road caller reported unauthorized use of her credit card.
- At 1:46 p.m. a Cresthaven Drive caller reported a possible sick fox in their driveway. Police checked the area but the animal was gone.
- At 9:38 p.m. police responded to a call of a male in the middle of Arlington Road yelling at someone. Police spoke to the case worker in the group home in the area and was informed one of the residents lost his temper and was shouting. Resident calmed down and went inside without further incident.
- At 10:27 a.m. police responded to a call of a suspicious person at Memorial Elementary School. A man was sitting under a tree looking at the kids playing at the school. The man said he was resting but police moved him along.
- At 12:14 p.m. police issued a summons to a Beverly man on charges of operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration and operating an unregistered motor vehicle.
- At 4:01 p.m. a caller on Wilmington Road reported that while he was crossing the street on his bicycle he was struck by a navy blue minivan. He was not injured.
- At 4:13 p.m. a caller reported that while parked at the Burlington Mall his car was keyed. Motor vehicle had a scratch from passenger door to the rear door.
- At 5:05 p.m. a Mill Street resident reported that someone broke into their house between 4:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. and that $2,000 was taken from a safe.
- At 7:41 p.m. Macy's reported detaining two shoplifters. Store security to handle.