GARDEN PARTY! Red Devils Repeat as Division 1 Champs
Burlington High School won the boys hockey state title with a 4-2 win over Marshfield on Sunday at TD Garden.
Written off by many after a slow start to the season, the Burlington High School boys hockey team capped a stellar bounceback on Sunday night with a 4-2 victory over Marshfield in the Division 1 championship game, the team's second consecutive title.
Joe Berardi put Burlington on top in the opening minutes of play, but Marshfield evened the score before the period was over. Sean Murphy put home two straight goals in the middle period and JP Scola added a tally in the second period as well, helping the Red Devils pull ahead 4-1.
Senior goalie Derek DeCastro was sparkling in net once again, leading the charge for the Red Devils.
"We have a lot of heart," said Burlington head coach Bob Conceison. "We've played that way the whole second half of the season ... We had to depend on Derek (DeCastro) tonight like we have all year, and he was incredible for us."
Check back with Burlington Patch on Monday for complete coverage of the game. In the meantime, you can relive all the drama here with a rerun of our live chat of the game.
Are you a big fan of the Red Devils? You'll also want to see:
- Live Blog: Division 1 State Championship Hockey: Burlington High vs. Marshfield High
- What to Know for Sunday's Championship Game
- Dramatic Win Jolts Red Devils to State Final
- Shootout Win Sends Boys Hockey to State Title Game
- Road to a Repeat Continues Monday in Lowell
- Win Propels Red Devils Back Into North Hockey Final
- Future is Bright for Pam Coppola's Red Devils
- Girls Basketball Hangs With Unbeaten Champs Before Falling
- Title Defense Starts Sunday for Red Devils Hockey
- Farley Pours Home Historic Point Total for Red Devils
- Region's Teams Ranked Among State's Best
- Sara Walsh And BHS Girls Hockey Making History