Five Things: Play Bridge, Public Meetings and Breast Cancer Fundraiser
Five things happening in Burlington today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Oct. 25. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Mostly sunny: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we cane expect most sunny skies, calm wind and a high near 63 degrees. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 47.
- Public meetings: The Board of Assessors is meeting at 6 p.m. in the basement meeting room in the Town Hall Annex. The Conservation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Foreign Affairs talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a foreign affairs discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management.
- Play Bridge: The Burlington Public Library is holding the Thursday Night Bridge group, which meets at 6:30 p.m., for those who would like to play. The game is open to the public, so come down, play some bridge and meet new people.
- Dig Pink: Burlington Volleyball is hosting the Dig Pink Breast Cancer Fundraising game at 5 p.m. at Burlington High School. The game is against Waltham High. All proceeds go to the Dig Pink Foundation.