Burlington Storm Center: Closings, Emergency Parking Ban, No Driving
Stay connected on up-to-date information for the potential blizzard.
UPDATE, 1:30 p.m.: The Massachusetts travel ban will end at 4 p.m. this afternoon.
Updated Saturday at 12:40 p.m.
The snow has fallen and crews are out in force to clear the roads.
According to NSTAR's power outage map, there are no major power outages in town.
The travel ban decreed yesterday by Gov. Deval Patrick is still in effect until "further notice." The rationale is that the ban will make it easier for plows to clear the roads.
The following categories will be updated regularly throughout the storm:
- Gov. Deval Patrick has signed an executive order banning vehicle traffic effective at 4 p.m. this afternoon.
- The state highways will stop collecting tolls at 2 p.m. today.
Emergency Parking Ban
- There is a "No Parking" Ban for all Burlington roadways set for noon Friday until 6 p.m. Saturday. Violators could be towed to make room for plows.
- Burlington Public Schools will be closed Friday, Feb. 8.
- State Courthouses, including Woburn District Court: all state courthouses will close at 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8.
- The Burlington Senior Center will be closed on Friday.
- Eastern Bank is closing at noon on Friday.
- The Burlington Mall will close at 2 p.m. on Friday. Time of re-opening to be set later.
- The Burlington Public Library closed at 1 p.m. on Friday and will stay closed on Saturday.
- The Boston Bruins home game on Saturday has been pushed from a 1 p.m. start to a 7 p.m. start.
- The Burlington Rotary Club Senior Citizens Valentine Dance scheduled for Sunday February 10 has been cancelled. If you know anyone who was intending to attend, please pass the word that it will be rescheduled.
Important numbers and Web sites:
- In an emergency, dial 911
- Burlington Police Department: 781-270-1914
- Burlington Fire Department: 781-270-1925
- Highway: 781-270-1676 and 781-270-1677
- NSTAR power outages: 800-592-200 or the Report an Outage form
- Comcast : 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)
- Verizon : 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
- RCN: 1-866-TECH-RCN (1-866-832-4726)
List of cab companies:
- Burlington Taxi Inc.: 781-272-0700
- Apollo Cab of Burlington: 781-350-5561
- Burlington Center Taxi: 781-273-3900
List of tow companies:
- Ned's H/D Towing and Service: 781-272-0164
- Winn Street Services: 781-273-1180
- Burlington Towing & Roadside Assistance: 617-419-3061
See a tree down in your neighborhood? Notice a road is icy? Just saw a store clerk put out more snow melt products? Please use this story on Burlington Patch to help out your neighbors.
As we prepare for the winter storm, we want to make sure that Burlington stays connected. For live updates during the storm, be sure to download our App for your smartphone or tablet and 'like' Burlington Patch on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Also, you can subscribe to our free daily newsletter.
Burlington Patch is all about connecting neighbors and helping neighbors so we hope you’ll find this information hub helpful during the storm. Stay safe Burlington.