Burlington: A Week in Review
A look back at some of the stories covered by Burlington Patch this week.
This was a busy week in Burlington and so a busy week here at Patch. In case you missed any of our stories, here are some of the highlights and links to our articles to help you catch up.
Stories of the week:
- Image Gallery: Burlington's Class of 2012 Says Goodbye to BHS Images of Burlington High School Class of 2012 Graduation
- Are 'Bath Salts' a Problem in Burlington? Burlington Police Sgt. Timothy McDonough said heroin is more of a problem in town
- Grand View Farm Stuck by Vandals Assistant Town Administrator Thomas Hickey informed members of the Board of Selectmen last night that the historical building was vandalized over the weekend
- Burlington Stabbing Suspect Pleads Not Guilty Christopher Christopher Piantedosi, 39, will be held without bail until the pre-trial hearing on July 11
- "Man on a Ledge" Tops Burlington's Redbox Rentals A look at what was the most popular movie rentals from all Burlington Redbox locations last week
- What Do You Think About Limiting Sugary Drinks, Foods? New York City's mayor wants to ban sale of sugary drinks more than 16 ozs.
- SOUND OFF: 'You’re Not Special’ Commencement Speech Goes Viral From local bloggers to international news outlets, teacher David McCullough's speech has gone viral
- Two Burlington Seniors Awarded Scholarships from Cambridge Savings This year’s scholarship winners from Burlington High School are Thomas Anecone and Cameron Frank
- Patch Snap: Burlington's Unofficial Mayor Al Fay Patch Snap is an occasional post that features pictures from around Burlington or Burlington residents out and about
- Share: Your Best Advice From Dad on Father's Day As Father's Day approaches, what is some of the best fatherly advice you've heard
- Fundraiser for Burlington Native and Father of Four with Congestive Heart Failure There will be a fundraiser at the Melrose Knights of Columbus on June 16 for David Zagzougs, a member of the BHS Class of 1989 and father of four with heart problems
- Video: Emotional Evening as Board, Friends and Community Say Farewell to Robert Mercier Town Administrator Robert Mercier, after 30 years of public service, sat in on his final Board of Selectmen meeting before retirement
- Roots Yoga Opening Doors Tomorrow The new yoga studio will have an evening reception tomorrow and free trial classes this weekend
- Three, Possibly Four, Initiatives Likely to Make Fall Ballot Ballot to be finalized by AG's office on July 3
- Burlington Election Guide The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Burlington and Middlesex County
Police & Fire:
- Police Logs: Teen Arrested for Shoplifting, Beer Cans Thrown on Lawn Burlington Police Department logs from June 1 to 3
- Cooking with Sheila: Iced Coffee - A Summer Staple Skip the drive thru and try making your own delicious iced coffee at home
- Life in the Mom Lane: What to Do When Children 'Outgrow' Their Parents Children go through stages but what do you do when that stage means they don't need mom as much
Special Summer Reading Program with James Patterson:
- VIDEO: Bestselling Author James Patterson Explains Summer Reading Partnership with Patch Patch has teamed up with Patterson's ReadKiddoRead to bring the bestselling author's summer reading lists into hundreds of communities across the country
- Summer Reading List for Tweens and Teens, 11-up Patch has teamed up with James Patterson’s READKIDDOREAD program to bring you reading lists for every age. Here, James Patterson’s summer reading picks for tweens and teens, ages 11-up
- Summer Reading Lists for Kids Ages 8-12 Patch has teamed up with James Patterson’s READKIDDOREAD program to bring you reading lists for every age. If you’re looking for some great summer reading options, check this list of “Favorite Pageturners.” from James Patterson.
- Summer Reading Lists for Kids Ages 6-9 Patch has teamed up with James Patterson’s READKIDDOREAD program to bring you reading lists for every age. If you’re looking for some great summer reading options, check this list of “Terrific Transitional” books from James Patterson
- Summer Reading Lists for Preschoolers and Kids Ages 2-7 Patch has teamed up with James Patterson’s READKIDDOREAD program to bring you reading lists for every age. If you’re looking for some great summer reading options, check out this list of The Best Illustrated books from James Patterson