5T: School Marketplace, Today's Weather and Foreign Affairs Discussion
Five things happening in Burlington today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Thursday, Nov. 8. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Rain: Looks like a messy day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain throughout the day until 4 p.m. It will also be breezy with gusts as high as 36 mph. High near 43 degrees. Chance of showers tonight and possibly a rain-snow mix after midnight. Overnight low around 31.
- Public meetings: The Conservation Commission is meeting at 7 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall. The Board of Library Trustees is meeting at 7 p.m. in the Burlington Public Library.
- Foreign Affairs talk: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a foreign affairs discussion at 10:30 a.m. today. The discussions will be led by Dr. Craig Brandt, a former naval officer who has been a professor at the Air Force Institute of Technology and dean of academic affairs at the Defense Institute of Security Assistance Management.
- Bridge: The Burlington Public Library is hosting two bridge playing events today. The first is COA Bridge Players, a group aimed at seniors, which will meet at 10 a.m. The second is the Thursday Night Bridge group, which meets at 6:30 p.m. Both sessions are open to the public, so come down, play some bridge and meet new people.
- Francis Wyman marketplace: The Francis Wyman Elementary PTO is hosting a fall marketplace from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. in the school gym and cafeteria. Free entry for shoppers. Items include jewelry, art, clothing, accessories, pottery, food, painted glassware, scrapbooking, photography, knitting/crochet, toys, quilting and more.