5T: Sake Tasting, Kids Movie Night and Ice Skating Lessons
Five things happening in Burlington today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Nov. 9. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Here comes the sun: Looks like the rain of the past couple days is on its way out. According to the National Weather Service we can expect sunny skies with a high near 50 degrees today. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 33.
- Baby books: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Baby Storytime for newborns to children 18 months old at 11 a.m. this morning. Delight and stimulate your baby’s senses with books, songs and puppets that help build brain power.
- Ice skating lessons: Edgeworks is offering two sets of ice skating classes at the Burlington Ice Palace. The first is for children and is held weekly on Saturdays from 9:20 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. The second for adults is held weekly on Mondays from 5:10 to 6:00 p.m. Price is $135. Click here for more information.
- Wine tasting: Busa Wine & Spirits is holding a tasting from 4 to 7 p.m. this evening featuring TY KU Sake. Come down and try this rice wine that is 100 percent all natural and completely free of Gluten, Sulfites and Tannins.
- Move night: The Burlington Church of Christ is hosting a "Kids' Movie Night" at 6 p.m. this evening. They will be showing the Christmas related Veggie Tales movie, "The Little Drummer Boy". In addition to the movie, they'll have a meal as well as crafts and activities and balloon animals for the children.