5T: Rain and Snow Mix, Book Discussion and Storytimes for the Kids
Five things to know today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Feb. 27. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Rain and snow mix: Looks like a messy day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect rain and snow this morning followed by all rain after 2 p.m. Little or no snow accumulation expected. High temperature near 39 degrees. Rain tonight with a low around 36 degrees.
- Public meetings: Land Use is meeting at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Hall Annex basement meeting room. Ways & Means is meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room at Town Hall.
- Storytimes: The Burlington Public Library is offering a two story times today. The first is Toddler Storytime for children 18 to 36 months at 10:30 a.m. followed by Preschool Storytime for children 3 to 6 at 11 a.m.
- Evening book discussion: The Library is holding a book discussion on 'Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet' by Jamie Ford at 7 p.m. this evening. This is a fine old-fashioned historical novel that looks at life on the west coast during World War II when Japanese-Americans were shipped off by the thousands to internment camps.
- Weight Watchers: There will be a Weight Watchers meeting at 5:30 p.m. this evening in the Burlington American Legion. "Come and find help and support on your weight loss journey from your local team at Weight Watchers."