5T: LEGO Club, Very Cold Temperatures and Winter Parking Ban
Five things to know today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Wednesday, Jan. 23. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Cold: It looks like we're in for a cold day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 18 degrees. Wind chill values could get as low as -12. Partly cloudy tonight with a low around 2 with wind chill values near -13.
- Public meetings: The Grand View Farm Advisory Committee is meeting at 7 p.m. in the basement meeting room in the Town Hall Annex. The Burlington Ways & Means meeting at 7:30 p.m. in the main hearing room in Town Hall.
- Lego Club: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Lego Club for children in grades K to 6 at 4 p.m. this afternoon. They supply the Legos, you bring your imagination.
- Stamp prices: Reminder that the United States Post Office stamp prices will increase one cent, from 45 cents to 46 cents, to mail one-ounce letters, effective Sunday, Jan. 27.
- Winter Parking: A reminder that the town's Winter Parking Ban went into effect on December 1. There is now no on-street parking from 2 a.m. to 8 a.m. There have been many logged citation in the Burlington Police logs so they are actively enforcing this parking ban.