5T: Foam Sword Fun, a Free Concert and Storytime for Babies
Five things happening in Burlington today.
Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Today is Friday, Nov. 16. Here are 5 things you need to know:
- A bit warmer: Looks like a pretty nice day today. According to the National Weather Service we can expect mostly sunny skies with a high near 50 degrees. Mostly clear tonight with a low around 31.
- Baby books: The Burlington Public Library is hosting a Baby Storytime for newborns to children 18 months old at 11 a.m. this morning. Delight and stimulate your baby’s senses with books, songs and puppets that help build brain power.
- Ice skating lessons: Edgeworks is offering two sets of ice skating classes at the Burlington Ice Palace. The first is for children and is held weekly on Saturdays from 9:20 a.m. to 1:10 p.m. The second for adults is held weekly on Mondays from 5:10 to 6:00 p.m. Price is $135. Click here for more information.
- Concert: Mount Hope Christian Center is holding a double feature concert at the Music Cafe at 7:30 p.m. this evening. Women Trio Maeve (www.maevemusic.com) and currently-touring women duo, Hilary and Kate (www.fishers.com). Maeve is presenting an original Christmas show with music and Scripture reading and Hilary and Kate will be sharing their harmonious voices with both guitar and violin. The concert is free.
- Foam sword fun: Guard Up! Family Swordsmanship & NERF is holding "Adventure Night: Rise of the Dragon" at 7 p.m. Grab a foam sword and unite with friends to defeat the beast. Cost is $20.